Monday, April 21, 2008

Logos Bible Software

On Saturday, March 29 I was invited, together with my colleagues at Quartz Hill School of Theology, to be guests of Logos Bible Software at the Glendale Hilton. In exchange for listening to a six hour seminar on how to use their latest Bible software, they not only fed us a wonderful lunch of stuffed chicken in white sauce, followed by a strawberry cream cake dessert, they also gave us a free copy of their Scholar’s Library Bible software, a 630 dollar value.

I have now been using this program for about a month and I am very happy with it. In fact, I have deleted their competitor’s product from my hard drive, a product I had been using for the last ten years or so. I really enjoy Logos’ Scholar’s Library Bible program. I use it every day. And I am very impressed, both in its ease of use and its depth. In addition to giving me numerous English translations, it of course comes with the Hebrew and Greek texts, all morphologically tagged and linked to dictionaries. Beyond that, it also links dynamically to an enormous library of additional reference works: grammars, histories and commentaries. Do a search, bring up a passage, and in a separate window, you’ll find links to the hundreds of books in your electronic library that also speak to that topic. Additional books are being added to the library at the rate of a thousand or more per month (available for additional charges). If you’re in the market for a high-end, academically oriented Bible program, it would be difficult to beat this product.

Visit their website for more details on their product and what it has to offer:

Logos Bible Software

1 comment:

Eric said...

I'm impressed -- you don't usually gush this much.

I have not made as good use of my copy. You're encouraging me.