Saturday, July 23, 2005

I am really frustrated and unhappy. My ISP, who've I've been with since 1997, has been very unhelpful of late. My connection has been going down at random, with no explanation, for hours at a time. I call and call and sit on hold for a half hour or more; the tech people I talk to are very nice, but they don't make anything better, offer no explanation and simply apologize for my inconvenience. Very nice of them. So come Monday, I'm going with a different ISP since they can't seem to make me happy and really are doing nothing to try to keep me as a customer. As far as I can tell, they really don't much care. I suspect that the primary problem is with who they subcontract with: Verizon, who has a monopoly in the area. They are the only phone company here and there is no alternative. I blame all the government agencies responsible for allowing such monopolies to exist. I blame Verizon for being a horribly incompetent company. I'm a patient man. My patience is used up. May they all rot on voice mail hold forever like I've had to the last several days.

No comments: