Friday, September 28, 2007

Every so often (well, okay, several times a day) I look to see what's up with my book, The Bible's Most Fascinating People. It is currently listed with all the online booksellers that I'm aware of: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Christian Book Distributors. Only Amazon and Borders spell my name right (of course, Borders online store is actually just Amazon with Borders labeling in the corners). The other online sellers mispell my name in the most common way: "Nettlehorst" reversing the "l" and the "e." Of course, Amazon and Borders make the mistake of listing my whole name, "Robin Paul Nettelhorst" instead of my preferred "R.P. Nettelhorst." So far, I haven't figured out how to correct any of this. At least in the actual, physical book, on the title page and on the cover, my name is spelled properly.

So far, the cover illustration for the book has not appeared on any of the online sites, though in the Winter Catalog for Putnam Praise, there is a fuzzy image of it.

Oh, and that's the other odd thing. Barnes and Nobel lists the publisher not as Reader's Digest, but as "Penguin Group (USA)"; Putnam is part of the Penguin Group. Perhaps it being listed in their catalog confused Barnes and Noble?

I really don't think I understand the publishing world yet.

UPDATE:

After I wrote that post, I decided to hunt about on the Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com websites, I soon discovered how to let them know about correcting their listings. Now to see if they make the changes I requested.

No comments: