Thursday, August 16, 2007

My editor told me that my book, The Bible's Most Fascinating People, due to be released January 10, 2008 by Reader's Digest (and currently available for pre-order on Amazon.com) was being sent to a "repro house" on August 16 or 17. I asked her what that was and she explained that "repro" is short for reprographic. The repro house essentially turns the desktop-publishing documents and images my publisher sends them into high-quality graphics that can be used by the printer. Books are printed using CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) printing inks. If you look at a picture in a book through a magnifier, you'll see that it's made up of lots of tiny dots of each of these colors. The repro house separates the colors for each page of the book so that the printer can create a printing plate for each one. So, my book is that much closer to being available.

No comments: